Teaching and Courses
This page gives a list of courses, lectures, and other university education given by members of the department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT at Maastricht University.
Internship possibilities are listed here.
- 1 Bachelor
- 2 Master
- 3 Postdoctoral courses
- 3.1 diXa workshop, EBI, September 26, 2012
- 3.2 M2E2 course on Molecular Epidemiology of Chronic Diseases
- 3.3 ChIP & DNA methylation array course
- 3.4 Postgraduate Education in Toxicology: Toxicogenomics courses
- 3.5 Postgraduate courses on Bioinformatics to understand studies in Genomics in Brazil, June 2011
- 3.6 PhD course "Introduction to Nutritional Metabolomics"
- 3.7 Scholarships and funding opportunities to participate in courses like the above
- 4 Workshops
Bachelor BioMedical Sciences (BMS)
See also the courses in the previous curriculum.
Bachelor Maastricht Science Program (MSP)
Master Biomedical Sciences (MBS)
This is our local Maastricht University masters in Molecular Life Sciences that now also includes the former research masters tracts. Within this masters you can choose a number of options that will give you more background in life sciences, genetics, genomics and bioinformatics and you can choose a final project from the list mentioned above.
- MBS1002 - Biomedical Approaches
List of projects for internships
Student projects: this list of projects is available for internships for various masters and ins some cases also experienced bachelor students. Including local masters and students from our collaborating masters program with Manipal University and students from the Erasmus Mundus Masters on Biohealth Computing.
Collaborative Masters program in Bioinformatics with Manipal University, India
diXa workshop, EBI, September 26, 2012
M2E2 course on Molecular Epidemiology of Chronic Diseases
This course is organised by the Maastricht Molecular Epidemiology Expert group, also visit www.m2e2.nl.
ChIP & DNA methylation array course
No new course scheduled yet but the material from the last course in Newcastle in 2010 is available here
Postgraduate Education in Toxicology: Toxicogenomics courses
These are courses organised by the department of Toxicogenomics (TGX) of Maastricht University. BiGCaT members are involved as teachers in these courses.
Postgraduate courses on Bioinformatics to understand studies in Genomics in Brazil, June 2011
PhD course "Introduction to Nutritional Metabolomics"
- February 2014 in Copenhagen: Hands on session: Biological Interpretation of Metabolomics Data in PathVisio
- December 2011 in Copenhagen: Hands on session: Biological Interpretation of Metabolomics Data in PathVisio
Scholarships and funding opportunities to participate in courses like the above
- September 2016 NUGO Week Workshop in Copenhagen: http://www.bigcat.unimaas.nl/wiki/index.php/NUGO_week_2016
- August 2016 WUN DAPPER Workshop in Bristol: http://www.bris.ac.uk/social-community-medicine/research/groups/data2knowledge/events/wun-dapper/
- SaferNanoDesign Summer school at ESI (European Scientific Institute), Archamps
- June 2017 SaferNanoDesign Summer school
- June 2016 SaferNanoDesign Summer school: http://www.esi-archamps.eu/Thematic-Schools/BioHC/SaferNanoDesign
Pathway and network analysis
- EBI-Roadshow / diXa tutorial (sessions organized by BiGCaT), Maastricht, July 1-5, 2013
- ICSB Workshop on pathway and network analysis, Copenhagen, August 29, 2013
- OpenTox 2014 - Workshop on pathway analysis, Athens, September 22, 2014